6 Feb 2015

Mamuthones Q&A with Fame Magazine

MAMUTHONES Q&A: 
‘VIOLENT, HYSTERIC, POWERFUL AND AT THE SAME TIME DANCEABLE’

Italian psych forward-thinking trio Mamuthones – Alessio Gastaldello, Francesco Lovison, Matteo Polato, Maurizio Boldrin – have shared an intriguing video to accompany ‘I’ve Gotta Be’, the strong & hypnotic lead track from their ‘Collisions Vol.4′ split LP with Evil Blizzard, out now via Rocket Recordings. 

Band’s founder and “Italian Occult Psychedelia” connoisseur, Alessio Gastaldello, talks to FAME about scary masks, their new track ‘I’ve Gotta Be’, Holy Ghost People, cultural obscure traditions and cool bands…

First up, what’s the story behind the name Mamuthones?

I chose the name a few weeks after leaving Jennifer Gentle and before recording anything else. To tell you the truth, in that period I didn’t have any idea about my musical future. I was in Sardinia for work and I was impressed by this mask photo I saw. It was archaic, scary and intriguing all at the same time. I asked about it and I decided that my new musical project would be called Mamuthones, then I bought an air organ and I started recording…

Read the rest of the Interview here: Fame magazine

---